Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Showing some desktop love

Dubbed "Exhibit A" 

I have a graphic and web design background. I have been using the internet since 2000 when AOL was handing out those 30-day free trials. A lot has changed since then, but I still hold my detail-oriented, organization and functionality principles when it comes to everything I do -- including arranging the desktop for my company laptop! 

Exhibit A showcases the finest of my interface creations. 12 taskbar icons neated arranged so the most frequently accessed applications are closest to the edge. Coupled with the left windows positioning, this is a match made in heaven! I have never tried this style of desktop layout before, but it's definitely growing on me. My second work term last year, another co-op student chose to move his task bar to the right, who would have knew I was going to do the same thing a year later! 

My Gmail background is tastefully decorated with artwork from Vladstudio, my go-to wallpaper source since 2008! I am using the iDesignEco theme for Chrome, which is hands down the best chrome theme out there!

I am fitting right in. Who else is enjoying the official banner header for this blog? The artwork is drawn by crysticx from Deviantart. I'm also using this as my cover photo for my Facebook profile (temporarily deactivated though!). 



No comments:

Post a Comment