Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Canon XS

I purchased my Canon Rebel XS 3 years ago during a Boxing Day sale at Futureshop. For $500 at that time, it was a good deal in my eyes. Unfortunately looking back, I regret that my first DSLR was not a second-hand purchase since really, at that price, it was too little for what I could have gotten.



The free camera bag was the deal breaker. Reminiscing about these naive times is a little awful. I still can't believe I got sucked into this purchase because of such a silly frill. The bag was WAY too huge. Not very portable and very heavy to carry.



It is almost the equivalent of two of my current camera bags, placed in portrait position! Sometimes, it really does pay to consult the internet first before proceeding with a hobby. 

Unfortunately though, it has a scratch on the display screen, but it's very faint. You don't want to know how long it took me to grab this shot with my Canon Powershot! 


I have been looking into wireless remotes for my 1000D recently. A Google search brought me to several flickr discussions mentioning the Rebel XS does not have a built in ability to use wireless. 

 It does not have the Infrared sensors to work with the wireless.

 which totally sucks! Instead, I have found some alternatives on eBay that users have been suggesting,

Get the Yongnuo RF-602 set for $30 on eBay. It can also be used to trigger an external flash, which makes it extra useful.

I have my eye set on this cheaper one by Link Delight: 



Fits my budget better since I have been off work for over 6 days now ㅠ ㅠ. I've e-mailed the seller for some more assurance it will work on my XS. When they respond, definitely placing an order. I've been meaning to get a remote for the longest time -- this will definitely help with self-shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment