Saturday, July 14, 2012

Rotten Mangos

I placed an order at mango.com on June 22, the day before my dragonboat race at centre island (and my untimely motor vehicle accident). The package had been left with DHL for two weeks long overdue! I finally got a chance to pick it up with the help of my mom.

I ordered 5 dresses in total. This was my first time shopping at mango.com (let alone owning some pieces from this brand) and I was, to say the least, very excited about this order. Every piece of apparel on their e-commerce website looked desirable. To say the least, their models did their job well -- I wanted to buy off whatever was on their backs! But, of course, I was on a budget. I had carefully calculated my expenditures such that I would be able to receive free shipping. This way, if I had to return something, I could do so without incurring the non-refundable delivery fees.

First and foremost, a glimpse into what I had ordered appropriately sums up my high expectations:



And then ... came the disappointment. 

It's amazing how these models have sold these dresses by virtue of a statuesque and tall frame. I fell for it of course. Each and every single pose.


No comments:

Post a Comment